Have you heard these myths about mental health in the workplace? Myth 1: Mental health issues are a sign of weakness. Myth 2: People with mental health issues are unable to perform well at work. Myth 3: Prioritizing mental health will hinder productivity. In this episode, our guest Paula Allen will debunk these myths and share the truth about how mental health actually contributes to workplace innovation.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Boost workplace innovation by prioritizing employee well-being.
- Discover effective tools and programs for supporting mental health in the workplace.
- Create a team-oriented and inclusive environment to unleash the full potential of your team.
- Foster kindness and respect in the workplace to enhance collaboration and productivity.
- Find motivation beyond financial compensation to keep your team engaged and motivated.
Paula Allen is a senior vice president at Telus Health. She is a dynamic leader with a passion for improving workplace mental health. With a team of experts in organizational health, communication, and behavioral change, Paula brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table. Over her 20-year career, she has conducted extensive research and developed tools to help employers prioritize employee well-being, including mental health, physical health, and financial well-being. Paula understands that a supportive work environment is crucial for employee engagement, productivity, and overall success. Her insights on manager behaviors, such as inclusiveness and team-oriented approaches, shed light on the importance of kindness and empathy in the workplace.